Monday, November 30, 2009

Dorset Button from CQMagOnline

In the current CQMagOnline Diane Mugford wrote an article about Dorset buttons. I have made a few of these in the past...simple woven ones. When I saw what she had done with it though I was anxious to make one of these. I love it. I used variegated floss for the flowers, added green stems and since I wasn't liking any bow I made, I found some silk ribbon and made loops at base of the bouquet. I will be making more of these! It's a great portable project.
Take a minute to check out this free online magazine. It is a treasure trove of information on crazy quilting. There is bound to be something to inspire you~

Did a little work on my CQ for ME challenge. I am really loving this Kaffe Fassett fabric and how LIVELY it is. I was paging through Carol Samples CQ Stitches book and saw this seam treatment. Since I love french knots I had to try it out! It is really tiny. I am working on a weeping willow tree too. I need to hoop it to finish though since the long/short stitch is crinkling the fabric. I am thinking (which when translated means it could change again any minute) on making it into a project case cover.

I return to work tomorrow. Vacation over. Longjohn's ready. I LOVE being home. Alot. I am never bored.

I have learned:

  1. On to the next idea for my guild challenge. Tried 2 things...no good. In trash. BUT I am never at a loss for idea's!
  2. PF5 key will refresh computer screen.
  3. How to download a game to my phone. SCRABBLE! So cool....



2 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

Your button is very cute. and your stitching on your ME challange looks like little bunches of grapes ;) on a vie.

I hit F5 all the time to refresh and often hit the backspace key to go back to the previous page like on the HGTV boards after you are at the end of the thread reading. ;)

I'd love to have a game on my phone as I don't like the 2 that came on it. Is the scrabble you downloaded free or did you have to pay for it?

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Kathi, Your dorset button is absolutely wonderful. Love it. I thought Diane's workshop instructions were great and easy to understand. Like you I plan to make many more. I love learning how to create them. Hugs Judy