The lapidary show was interesting. I know nothing about stones, gems and fossils, so I was admiring and watching the people that did know. Michael and Jenn facetimed me while I was viewing the fiber exhibit, so they got to see my work displayed. The old armory building was a real treat to see.
Another very creative weekend at Julie's! Saturday, Ann was able to join us and to clarify her 2 O'clock 5" x 5" challenge. I had understood it to mean DO the artwork at 2, either 2 AM or 2 PM. We only needed to COME UP with our theme of that days piece at those timed options. Since I missed most of the month, Julie suggested I use game cards to pick my themes for the 31 days. Great idea! I made 6 little quilts already from the many pieces of fabrics I mono printed. I was in the zone! I have to give the Gelli Plate its due compliment. It is an awesome surface to monoprint on...its durable and just "giving" enough. The new larger plate is a temptation, but has a hefty price tag. Thinking....
Here are four of the 5" x 5" pieces I made from them.
Making these was all heart.
Melissa and Mela came for dinner at Sportos last night. I love those mid-week visits. Dave sent me pics and videos of her today. (If I haven't gotten a pic in a day or two, I order one from them). Mela and Orange Kitty today.
I have learned:
- I like sushi. Ann brought a variety to Julie's. I ate eel. Cooked eel. It was the only cooked seafood in all the sushi rounds. I could crave it.
- Melissa earns every penny working with these fifth grade, emotionally disturbed (violent behavior) kids. She has bruises on her arm from restraining a student two days ago. One of her boys was strangling another boy in class. She needs more than one aid in classroom. Worrisome.
- My "Live Free" is on display in Houston at the Quilt Show right now. It feels good.
- Silk screens. Love them. I need a light box for exposing. Reading a good book from the library..."Printing On Fabric" by Jen Swearington. She includes a lot of information on the entire process.
- 1/4" hexi's. Cool and tiny and pretty taxing on the digits. I don't know if I can make hundreds of these in time for the annual guild challenge.
- Why is the weight piling on? 52? I need a plan.