I am happy to see Melissa take an active interest in this medium. The possibilities are endless.Her and I will be joining Jody and her mom in a round robin exchange this fall.
Today was a very lazy, rainy day. Nice to hunker down and stitch! No outdoor work required. A couple hours on the altered book and a few hours stitching on the CQ Challenge block. I can fill every minute of every day with all the things I love to do!
Quilt guild meeting yesterday. Always a good day. Busy, a usual. Anne Fischer was our guest. She is a a quilter, dyer, thread painter and felter. Of all the quilts she showed us, this is my favorite.
Show and Tell is always a highlight for me. I love to see what people are doing. I love it all. Big, small, finished and unfinished! I just like to see creations. I also love when I see a quilt by someone that I don't know very well and it makes me say, wow. I recognize something in them at that moment. Yesterday, Susan Rathbun showed this pieces..
As I mentioned today was a rainy day. I did stitch while watching a couple chick flicks. Made of Honor with Patrick Dempsey and 27 Dresses with Katherine Hiegl. Never saw either and they were perfect fare for the time. Fluffy and feel good!
I have learned:
- Michael lifted 225lbs 23 times today.
- Flummoxed. Good word.
- Bedraggled. Apparently not a word in Pennsylvania.
- FX has a new show this fall....American Horror Story. I won't watch it since I don't like scary shows, but the preview is so cool.
- Melissa is an official part time employee of Michaels Craft Store! Great 2nd job.
- Refinanced car loan to get 3.55%. Worth it.
- My feather block has been received. Jude posted it tonight.