Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cute Little Corset

This is the little corset I stitched onto Aida's block last night! I am very happy with it. It really is adorable. I used lightweight fusible to stabilize the loose weave fabric. Using tiny back stitches I sewed it to her block. Creamy silk ribbon was twisty-folded and tacked down with french knots. I used narrow icy blue silk ribbon to "lace" it up!
The lavender ric-rac seam treatment is another bit I stitched. I was going to add a spider web to her block but remembered she preferred no crawly things!

My plate of distinction is all pieced and I love the way it came out. You choose a specific part of the fabric not really knowing what the outcome will be...I like that! It's a motivating force though, the not knowing. Sharon Stroud's advice to us was to take the plate and audition it on various colored backgrounds to find the right one. SO that's what I will do!

I love crazy quilting because it offers so much opportunity for creativity. Being involved in Round Robins is one of the best ways to see new things (the work of others) and try something new. It makes me want to do my best work and give a part of me a home in someone else's block. Each piece is a reflection of the maker, their color choices, motifs that appeal to their interests. I am inspired by books, blogs and CQMagonline. Check it out...you can read back issues too.

I have learned:

  1. MAD MEN is on-demand! AMC programming. Great show. It really nails the social nuances of the time.
  2. This is my favorite day of the year! A whole extra HOUR!!!!!
  3. Micheal's has great clearance on beads & charms & jewelry bits right now.



1 comment:

qwerty said...

Kathi, how did you know???!!! OMG, I LOVE that little corset! It looks incredible, you did a fabulous job with the ruching and lacing!! Thank you so much :)

Aida