Sunday, November 15, 2009

ATC's & PSI's

My group of friends! Self Portrait ATC's. SO many great idea's, I just love them.

Plus Size Inchies are 1.5"x 1.5" squares of art! Anything goes...these are the PSI's I received in our simultaneous PSI/Self Portrait ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap hosted by Toryam on the HGTV message board. I posted a bag she had accessorized with inchies from a previous swap in April. Click and take a look.

Jody used paper, stamps, charm & fabric to make her ATC Self Portrait. It love it. We both work fulltime and correspond about the limited time we actually have to make things! So the saying has much meaning.


My friend Nicki peeking out from her ATC. She is the one that lured many of us into the CQ craze! Bewitching!

Here is Charlyn's really intricate self portrait ATC. There is a lot of work in a 2.5"x3.5" area. I love how she represented her hair and glasses and now I know one more thing about her...she likes horses!

Between work, travelling to my son's football game 480 mile round trip yesterday and working on the raffle quilt obligations, I have had very little time to do anything else this week. I am (again) hopeful for next week since I am off and alone most of that time.
I own a 109 year old house. I have many pressing issues that need attention but of course limited funds. BUT I realized today my ongoing toilet (that is not an attractive word is it? but it is what it is!) troubles are worsening. I knew when I glanced at the ceiling in the basement and saw water leaking from above I must find the cash (another loan...ugh) and someone that can do what needs to be done right and fast since I have only one bathroom! Wonder what something like this even runs? I will find out soon enough.
I have learned:
  1. Down 12 lbs! It is actually 15 lbs (naked) on my own scale, but I am going with the official WW gold book record.
  2. Car GPS is awesome. But I still get lost. I had to reference my NYS map book to make sure she was taking me in the right direction.
  3. I anticipate learning many new things tomorrow at company Safety Coordinator meeting of the minds. I have a few things to say about the "Circle of Safety" which involves each driver to place a large magnet on the rear of the truck and remove when work is completed, and walk 360 around the truck on busy highways. Is it wise to be in front of that vehicle at all? Personally, the first time I did this I slipped, catching myself on the side mirror, hitting my hardhat-ed head on door, avoiding a fall into water/mud filled ditch! Funny now....wasn't then though.
  4. I am in! Nancy Crow at QBL next July!
  5. My friend Cheryl adopted a 6 yr old Sheltie named Honey. Honey was part of an agreement with a woman arrested for animal cruelty, to remove 40 animals from her home. She has never walked on grass. Her home was a kennel on concrete. Cheryl will give her the security & love she deserves.
  6. I appreciate thoughtful, considerate people.


2 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

ooough those all turned out so neat and colorful! I recognized Nickilee's and BlueSnail's right away. ...and you are too funny about calling those her bewitching eyes :P LOL

way to go on the weight loss too!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

NickiLee said...

Hehehehe... This was by far one of the most creative bunches of ATC's - I loved them all and thought Charlyn's was just waaay too cute!!