Remember the MERMAID CQ RR I mentioned I am doing with a few creative souls? All of us were lucky enough to meet up in Manchester and we revealed our 1st round. This is Nicki's gorgeous beading on my block...the entire tale and bandeau are covered in beads.
I really love what Jody did on this block. She used invisible thread to sew down a silky fiber. It could only have been made better by the pink flowers she added. Great work.
Thearica's block is awesome and Kathy's work is spectacular. She had a vision and executed perfectly. Note the detail on the next pic!
I have decided this is MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND and am taking alot of time to do what I want! If your a mother, you should too! So I am stitching, shopping, buying, blogging, facebooking (yes, I said facebooking...I succumbed to the allure thanks to my retreat friends much to the chagrin of my son...never say never!) and stitching some more.
I am working on:
- French knot tree for Ely on a CQ block
- Jody's mermaid piece
- Art quilt lesson 3
- lemongrass green sweater..knit
- Polymer clay faces
Today I learned:
- I am a facebooker, there I said it!
- Lorelie and Luke just broke up....season 5 Gilmore Girls in the DVD player.
- Dinner at Center Street Grill.....yummy...thanks Melissa and Cory! Mom's Day gift..I requested today since tomorrow I want to be in the creativity zone all day as my present! I know, kind of anti-mom, but they GET me, so it's ok.