Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Art Quilt Progress

I am taking this online class from Ellen Lindner. I love her process. At this point it is just tacked using Wonder Under. The picture is after Lesson 1.


This is Lesson 2. You choose an accent color and highlight the obvious. After posting my piece, Ellen advised to have fewer ACCENTS and make the remaining ones skinny & postage stamp size. I am definitely going to do that. I even find using the digital camera to look at your piece gives you a better overview of the quilt. Will get back to it this weekend. Lesson 3 is machine quilting it. Ellen gives pointers on that. I would recommend checking out her online classes. She is very attentive to her students and offers advice & praise. I like to see what everyone else comes up with too.

Today I learned:

  1. Plural of Cul-de-sac is Culs-de-sac.
  2. How to plan and execute an applique pattern. Now to learn to applique.
  3. I am proud owner of a one of a kind Fiber Art Collage. I will post it when I recieve it.
  4. My son has a SUMMER job!

No comments: