I also spent time stitching on Jody's Mermaid block. I started in the lower corner using a chiffon scarf from Sally Ann's-tacking it down in a wrinkly way. Gathered novelty ribbon yarn was sewn down, along with SRE'd fly stitches to imitate seaweed. While looking through some of my dyed lace from Nicki, I found one that could look like a fish if cut up just right! I used some matte multi colored seed beads that I got in Manchester to fill in their bodies.
I'm not done with it yet though. I have more seaweed to add and more beading to do. The center medallion is a great print on fabric. When Carolyn worked on it she put her professional painting skills into that gorgeous tail. If you look closely, Jody's center piece is an oval and the flippy part of the tail was cut off. Carolyn finished it as well as making the mermaid beautiful...a little make-up does wonders!
A lot of us were really inspired by the class we took at retreat from Colleen on polymer clay faces. I made a few more of them today and then hauled out some stamps. In this book they show a charm made from polymer clay using a stamp impression. I have a cool swirly stamp I pushed into the clay and those came out really COOL! I haven't stained them yet but when I do I will post a picture.
Today I learned:
- Luke & Lorelie were back together again by the end of season 5...YAY!
- I laugh really hard at Funny Video's where people could have suffered potential harm!
- I love my new sewing basket. Alot. Thanks Mi
- The new Adriana Trigiani book is not very good. I am over 3/4 finished and am still waiting for the climax. I loved her Big Stone Gap series though.