The 2nd day was more structured, with a pattern and rules. This was definitely more challenging for me! I want to learn though because I love what knowing this can do for a piece. Trying to achieve depth with value is a challenge for me. I did not succeed. BUT Esterita showed us how to enhance that issue with paint. She actually started to paint on mine but I don't have a shot of that. I want to continue what she started and then post a picture. even though this was so challenging for me I thoroughly enjoyed this class
This is a portrait in progress by one of her students, Pat McDonald. It is so good. I would love to try this.
I look forward to tomorrow's trunk show & lecture by Esterita.
Today I learned:
- How to add paint to fabric pieces and really make a difference in the values. I need practice though!
- About Misty Fuse.....love it
- Love layering sheers for effect
- Save fusey scraps.....will show you later
- I want to go to Tuscany, Italy to the annual Esterita Austin week-long workshop. I would take a loan out to do this! I am going to hatch a plan!
- Karyssa (son's GF) makes the best, from scratch, including crust, APPLE PIE!