Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Shadow Applique & a Fun Creative Weekend Planned

I love this little block. Kathy gave a trunk show for us at retreat on Shadow Applique. We were all impressed with the versatility of this process and it's really easy! Over the fused heart is sheer organza and embroidery around edges..I know Denise was going to work on a few blocks...wonder if she has?


Kathy also generously shared this pattern of a Fairie. It is a really pretty pattern.

My quilt guild procured Esterita Austin! I have all day workshops for the next 2 days. Vacation days well spent. I will take pictures and tell all about them this weekend. Laura Wasilowski is at a neighboring guild and we hope to make it to a lecture by her tomorrow night. I love when you get the chance to learn from a national teacher/author. So as you can see I have a very CREATIVE weekend planned!! I WILL be happy.

I learned today:

  1. My house will never be clean and I really am okay with that
  2. Adam Sandler has a new movie...I know but I think he is funny. He's kind of nostalgic
  3. Chris Allen won American Idol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see your newest additions to your blog. I will see you later this morning.