I came across this in my STUFF. My son Michael goes to college an hour away and for his birthday freshman year I made this fabric postcard and mailed it to him so he would get mail on his birthday! I used recycled felted sweater wool for the base and needle-felted the little cupcake with candle and #'s and letters. You can't really tell in the picture but there is the non-fusible Angelina fibers on the cupcake. Needle-felting is like painting with roving & wool yarns. FUN. But you must pay attention every second or you WILL poke that gnarly barbed needle into your finger....and it hurts...for days.
I have been working on Carolyn's Mermaid CQ block. I stitched the outline for waves to seperate the sea & sky. Thinking of how to fill it now. Crests on waves are more white than blue. I could bead it or use a combination of french knots & split stitch or all three. I also added a full MOON. I have this great vintage coat from Sally Anne's. I washed it and it didn't really felt so not sure what fiber it is, but it's cool. I beaded a bit over it to add a little sparkle in the sky.
Also finished working on Thearica's pig CQ RR block. I can't show you a picture of it since it is a SECRET until they are all returned to the originator.
Projects for this weekend & near future:
- Mermaid ~waves~
- Eyelets & tie closure on cuff
- COF FQ challenge (????????)
- COF T-shirt "name" tag
- baby quilt with birth info for Aliegh (actually have a pieced pink string block quilt I can use)
- April Journal page
- Carve a stamp
- Son's football jersey quilt
- Knit more sweater
Today I learned:
- My un-beloved Jeep Liberty needs brakes all around. Ugh.
- I better learn to love wearing my orange hardhat and highly reflective vest...required DOT road wear. Ugh.
- My tooth aches. 6 Motrins and counting today.