Monday, April 20, 2009

C.O.F. Retreat this weekend!

Being a very experienced procrastinator I finally finished my 2 challenges for the upcoming CIRCLE OF FRIENDS quilt retreat in Manchester N.H. with my HGTV message board friends...or my "online" friends as my kids call them! There are 70 women that will be meeting up and sharing a great weekend of classes, speakers and a bus trip to KEEPSAKE QUILTING's store. I can't show a picture of them til after since they are a SECRET!
My list of projects & class prep
  1. FQ challenge...provided by committee
  2. T-shirt that will be like a name tag...to represent your state.
  3. mini quilt layer for learning some machine quilting techniques
  4. Miranda bag supplies
  5. Needles & floss to learn STUMPWORK
My friend Penny came and did a trunk show for my quilt guild Saturday. What a great presentation of her quilting journey and laughs were had by all! She is truly a talented woman. These were just a couple of her dolls. Here are a few more pics of her work. My camera batteries died in the middle of presentation and I missed some GREAT stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathi, I look every day at your blog and was pleased with the pictures from Saturday. I wish I could do only part of what you accomplish in a day.