I made Darcy a sleeve for her tablet.
I finished my improvisational pieced back for the Melissa and Cory quilt. It is so big, to me anyway. I think it is large enough to take to a machine quilter now.
My friend Thearica is a generous person, much like the charitable Jean I mentioned a few posts ago. Thearica runs a Ronald Mcdonald House quilt raffle. People make quilts and she sells tickets! (click on her name and read all about the challenge.) Anyone can commit to helping out! I am making my first quilt donation this year. Wool penny's are in the works already!
I am to mail the current CQ Steampunk block tomorrow. I must admit I had a hard time with this one. It is blue and black. It seemed to need to stay close to those colors. I did add a gold corset though! I will get pics and post.
I received the Meg's block from Colleen yesterday and the colors are more varied and in my tones so I think I will be inspired!
I have learned:
- I can retire in 5 years....exactly!
- My sister makes delicious Irish bread. I want more!
- Ian face painting at the St Andrew's Pasta dinner last Saturday. He was such a gentleman, sitting with me while I ate my dinner. I even gave him two chances to go back to his friends. Sweet.
- Interesting contest someone on HGTV board posted. Doll quilts and Beds.
- Cool quilt-along to make this quilt, Supernova, on Freshly Pieced blog.