Friday, January 1, 2010

01.01.10

The start of another year. New vacation days to schedule! New projects to commit to and be motivated by and other projects in the works that need immediate attention. I am working on my list now!


I thought I would share with you a favorite CQ piece made by Kathy, a fellow MB member on HGTV.com. I was able to meet her at our retreat this past April in NH. She is a very talented CQer and I am always awed by her work. Check out her blog and be inspired, I promise!
This is a block she made for our annual 1 Block swap (Nicki hosts...we are able to list color and theme preference & each participant gets assigned another to make a block for them using the info provided) I am not sure who received this special block but when I saw it in person I loved it. It is spectacular.






Isn't it precious?

I have learned:

  1. Michael has discovered the awesomeness of SCRABBLE! Very competitive, making him a viable opponent.
  2. BLOKUS board game. Very fun for 2-4 players.
  3. tetris is so obsessively good.
  4. Maggie Grey's blog. A textile artist, author and stitcher. Good stuff. 
  5. Soundtrack from Friday Night Lights. You don't have to like or even know of the movie to appreciate this music. Amazon let's you listen to 28 seconds of each tune. Take a minute.

1 comment:

Thearica said...

We need to bring Scrabble to the retreat in 2011! I love to play!

And I know what you mean about Kathy's work! She is awesome!