Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Knitting & Crazy quilting


When my sister showed me the sweater she and her friend were knitting I knew I had to make it for ME!! I chose Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in my niece's favorite color, Lemongrass. It is so fast & easy & the yarn is perfect for this sweater. The website on the pattern iswww.knittingpureandsimple.com

I am also participating in a Crazy Quilt Round Robin (CQRR) with 5 other talented stitchers. We are to create a mermaid themed 24" square pieced block but in a more "arty" way, which is to say no rules! I have an idea sketched out, just need to figure out how to get it down in fabric. I have chosen this fish-chick to be my main maiden...

I will to print the image onto fabric and get sewing. I have to be ready to mail my pieced block by 2-28. I am really excited about this since everyone working in this RR is very artisitic & creative. I look forward to getting to know them through stitching!

No comments: