Tomorrow I plan to finish up my Book RR and package it up for mailing to Nicki Monday. I should be getting one to work on by midweek.
I need to start stitching a the silk CQ bag front I pieced. It will hopefully be ready for a competition by April. I am trying to decide if I should free form stitch on it or follow the seams which in this case are straight lines since I made all the pieces squares and rectangles. I sketched out both and am leaning towards free.
That IAQ piece is still waiting for me too! I did find a neat image that I may use on it, add some thread painting and beading. Crystals too maybe.
I have learned:
- South of Broad was not a favorite read. I was hopeful. I did finish it though.
- Project Runway could use some interesting characters...with that said, it is still my favorite show.
- SPORCLE is a cool site Michael showed me this last night...we did Bruce Springsteen songs and albums and 2-letter Scrabble words. Look around, you will find something of interest to divert your mind!
- It was below 0 degrees this morning. Dean's paws are bleeding.
- George Siciliano. We are thinking of getting him to come to our guild. Awesome mini quilts by a man sounds very entertaining.
- Beadlust is a good site to peruse for inspiration to use more beads. Scroll down to see many examples.
- BREAKAWAY by Art Garfunkel came across my radar (actually our local AM radio station that plays many old favorites) recently. I received the original album in 1975 as a Christmas gift and played it over and over and loud (when my parents weren't home). I have had, and lost or ruined 2 CD's over the years. I must seek one out again. Very nostalgic audio therapy!
- Kindness matters. Thanks Elaine.