I have been doing alot of CQ stitching. I have 5 projects that need my attention. This flower is made from dyed wired ribbon that I form into a circular shape and then tack down repeatedly. I used some matte multi-colored blue beads I bought in N.H. Adding pistol stitches and random french knots to center gives one more dimension.
When working on my CQ's I like to have more than 1 or 2 different stitches to a seam treatment or motif. I think it makes a big difference in the finished product. Looks like you know what your doing!
I have been working on the little heart for a local charity...no picture yet!
Today I learned:
- I carved a bunch of soft erasers this morning. I haven't tested them yet though but it was fun! I have a piece of lino that I am waiting for inspiration to hit before I dig in to it!
- I tea/coffee dyed some bits of fabric. Wool felt, old linen napkin & unknown fiber. I love all of them! There is something about that vintage look that spells comfort for me. When Priscilla Kibbee was here she mentioned using loose tea leaves and layering them between fabric layers. I would assume the fabric would have to be wet to begin with. I will be using these bits on a project my friend Colleen & I are doing.