Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful for Mela and More

Mela, a few weeks ago, on our way out to a Fiberista meeting. She is such a happy, sweet baby. At almost 4 months, she is sitting up. A mover & shaker. Dave sends video's of her during the week to us grandparents. I love them. Much. He is a good daddy! Mela is one of the things I am thankful for this year.

Michael & Jenn after his Air Assault school graduation. I am thankful he is home this year...not in Afghanistan like his step-brother Alan. They will be travelling up from Fort Campbell on Thanksgiving day, to Cincinnati for a partial family reunion.

I just had to share this pic of a local bull. I took the pic with my iPhone and manipulated it in the BeFunky app. I really love the imagery.

Obviously my laptop is fixed! Apparently I cracked the screen when I shut a notebook in it. Dumb. Yes. So for $166 I have a brand new screen and a cleaned up laptop thanks to Matthew Lane at Your Computer Guy in Batavia. I have used him for many a clean up and he is very good. Knowledgeable. I am thankful I have my laptop back!

My sister asked me for a Chinese auction donation for St Joe's in Buffalo, Ian's high school. I am setting free "Noel"!
One of my Boho bags.

I have learned:

  1. Elephant poop is actually used to make paper.
  2. I need to loose 30 lbs. Seriously. Really. Truly
  3. I have to get up at 4:30 AM. Ugh.
  4. I miss Mary Lee.
  5. I enjoy reading these books...Delores Stewart Riccio. I could be part of their circle. Thanks Alex
  6. I cannot carry a 60 lb slab of marble by myself. My knee will concede. I tripped up the step and down we went...the vintage marble is in 5 pieces now.

2 comments:

tisme said...

I also need to lose 30 pounds, quitting smoking killed my weight. I am going to diet after the first of the year!
Mela is so darn cute. Have a nice Thanksgiving Kathi!

Martha Lorshbaugh said...

Why did you TRY to carry the marble???
So envious of Mela- I'm living vicariously through your posts. :-)