Monday, November 4, 2013

PC

Michael turned 25 on October 23rd. I made this PC (postcard) for him. The dial is the silk screen I made using a picture from the Army Museum on Fort Sills was for boot camp. The x's & o's thermofax screen from Lyric Kinnard, was used for the bottom section. It implies hugs & kisses. Had fun quickly making this up. I want to start making more of these. It serves as a personal work of art for those I care about.

My Fiberista group met this past Saturday at Sue's house for the much anticipated and procrastinated reveal of our first group project...Whisper quilts. Do check out the post on the Fiberista blog to read and see all about it. It was a great reveal.
Mela was a guest to our meeting! She was very well behaved, unless you count the 2 stinky poops she managed to make there.

My gramma weekend with Mela was wonderful. I had her from Friday at 5 PM to Sunday 1 PM. She wakes only once a night, loves her bath and smiles much. Pure pleasure.

While at Julie's last weekend her project was this very cool Steampunk Walrus from Frowning Frances. It is a   pattern. The best part of this was watching her come up with her own touches, such as the copper washer glasses paired with the swirly bead lenses. The strapping was made using leather from an old dog bed. I love the sailor hat she found in her stash, adding grommets and an old part from an old clock for the whirligig on top. He is a work of art!


How cool is he?!

So I FINALLY started the long dreaded paint job in Michael's old room for my sewing room. I had to clear the way for a mattress and box spring. The ceiling was like an arch nemesis. I don't recall painting one before, although I am sure I must have...maybe I am blocking it out! I got the paint, roller and plastic drop clothes out and after 2 hours and 2 coats of paint the ceiling looks fresh and clean! I need to buy wall paint now. I am actually contemplating white. I have been searching web for cheap flooring projects to cover the very old linoleum in there. I need to search my belongings and Pinterest for storage repurposing opps now.

I have learned:


  1. Dexter on Netflix. I love this show. Season 2 up next. 
  2. David Sedaris' new book, Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls...as always his satirical wit makes me laugh out loud.
  3. Michael will be repelling from a helicopter this week before he graduates from Air Assault school. This is the boy that was afraid of heights all his life. 
  4. Shop Etsy for the holidays...you can even check out my vintage shop!

1 comment:

Studio Emmy said...

Just caught up here this morning on all the things you have been creating and doing! Whew! You are one busy woman! Love looking at the things you make and reading what inspires you. I need to get going on a new blog post . . . I realize sometimes that a lot of time passes for me in between and I need to post more often!