Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rusty Fabric Beautified!

My rusty fabric overdyed with Dynaflow's chartreuse. I love that color. I have used this gorgeous fabric, cut up and resown of course...why do anything simple. I did have some issues with the needle/thread/rusty fabric however. It seems some metallic residue remains in the fibers so when I had more than two layers of it to sew through my thread broke. I had the best luck with a topstitching needle.

My friend Terry's daughter works for the VA. They have a great need for Foley bag covers for the patients to use on their wheelchairs. I spent some time sewing six together this week. Perfect mindless sewing and the gratification is wonderful. I will definitely stitch up more of these for veterans.

Weight Watchers...again. Goal is two dress sizes down by the Melissa's wedding next October. She is also on board, along with Cory's parents. Melissa wants this dress!

I have learned:

  1. My Dunkin Donuts is closed til the 22nd for a remodel and I want my familiarly delicious coffee, bad. It will be the longest time without it in 15 years!
  2. In 2009 WW nationwide....people lost a total of 4 million pounds.
  3. Chester, my old codger cat, loves white wine!


Anonymous said...

Two dress sizes means about 25 to 30 pounds, that will mean some serious watching during the holidays. Cool our there again this morning. Hope that the sunshine arrives and the clouds stay away today. Have a great week-end.

Elaine said...

Kathi, I do almost all of my quilting (if there are special circumstances like metallic thread, thicker fabric, heavier thread) with a topstitch needle - at least a 90/14. It is much less frustrating and it looks good!