Sunday, September 12, 2010
"Cascade of Roses" Art Quilt
I rust dyed the background, then over dyed it with chartreuse Dynaflow dye. Love that color! I machine quilted that with shiny rayon, rust colored thread.
After sewing the rose cascade to the rusty fabric, I used the rust and a deep red thread to randomly stitch a bit.
While this piece has definite design flaws (from any distance, the roses disappear and it looks like a big red formation....ahh well.) I tried some things I have wanted to do and met the deadline.
It has been good practice to make those flowers since I will be doing something along those lines for Melissa's wedding flowers next October for the Wedding!
The next challenge is "symbol". Presumably, a personal symbol. I have an idea.....or two! Of course I look forward to doing a new technique. I have six weeks. They fly by.
Nicki's CQ mermaid block has gotten some good attention from me already. I have a few area's on that to finish up and hope to get it to her soon as I know she is anxious to see it again.
Th gift for the current Homemade Holiday Swap is still in its 1/2 way done state. I really love it. I hope to make another one for the quilt shows silent auction in October and another for a hostess gift. It will be ready to mail by the 26th.
Made the Weight Watchers vegetable soup today, this semi-chilly Sunday....0 points! Now my sister is on board with all 4 of us. And I am tracking...the hardest part for me.
Watching "Fallen" on AMC right now. Good movie.Denzel Washington, 1998.
Thanksgiving may find me in Cincinnati, OH. My sister and I, along with our kids, are all that remain here in western NY. Relatives scattered across states, disconnected by previous relationship disasters and busy lives, will hopefully rekindle and stay relevant. I will be thankful.
Took Michael back to Fisher this morning. He asked about his jersey quilt....! I have a deadline now. His 22nd birthday, October 23rd. I work so much better within a parameter of time! So I will add this to the list!
I have learned: