The last piece we worked on was a wet technique...here is Barb's samples of bouquets.
Here is my attempt. I am not an artist but I am thinking thread painting will improve it!
Here is the original fabric. Thoughts? I really love this show One Block Wonder thing. I was eye balling another fabric today! It's actually in the same line.
I spent the better part of today trying to prepare the many unfinished art quilts I must have ready for our little groups show at our regional arts counsel in July & August. Is is truly evident finishing is not my forte! I got through 6 pieces and guess what......only 2 are actually labeled and sleeved! Some needed tweaking and that takes time. So my mission will be, over the next 3 weeks, to finish as many as possible and call it done.
Melissa & I are on another mission as well. To drop some weight. I left off at Weight Watchers in February-ish and gained 6 of the 15 lbs I had lost. NO NO. Not going to happen. My goal is that 6 plus 10 more. That pic I posted of all of us at our sewing gathering last week was the kick in the ass I needed to get back on track.
I have learned:
- Apparently I am allergic to pistachios. Sneezing, stuffy nose, scratchy throat, but I knew it was bad when my lips started tingling.
- Shutter Island, the book. W-a-s-t-i-n-g my time. Start another book.
- Nancy Crow's exhibit at Schweinfurth Museum in Auburn NY, now through August 15th.
- Chester, the old cat, is doing great on his overactive thyroid meds. Blood tests reveal no other issues. Glad. He's my favorite.
- Dean is killing me with his odorous gaseous blasts.....from the other room! Must walk him now.