I just LOVE this discharged piece! I used those sticky foam letters. It took longer to peel & stick the letters than it did to actually discharge the dye. Again I just used the spray cleaner with bleach. The fact that the foam did not absorb the bleach made the impression more distinct. When I did it before I used sticky felt letters. The felt did absorb the bleach removing some of the dye under the letter. Being me, I really love that the letters are not all right side up!
When I need a quick hit of creativity, discharging is the answer. I bought a cool thingy at Sally Ann's that will give me a geometric square image. I think it was made to press a lattice into a pie crust. Maybe tomorrow I can see what that will do!