Sunday, August 2, 2009

Believe in French Knots

I finished Lynn's BELIEVE today. MANY many french knots later, I love how it came out.


I received these cute flower sequins from my friend Nicki. I love how delicate they are. I tacked them down with matte blue beads and then stitched some swirly foliage.

Made progress on this block today and I do hope to get it mailed back home to Lynn this week. I know she will be happy to see it all dolled!

I need to get back on track with the raffle quilt Tracy and I are chairing for our guild's next quilt show next year. We have a design sketched out. The center 6 blocks are a nice applique Coxcomb from a book Tracy has. We have had some turned in and they are beautiful. The colors we chose are tea/coffee shades of cream for background; "muddy" greens and reds and a mocha brown for contrast. We are hoping for a money maker!

I have recently learned:

  1. How to chat on FB.
  2. I love the Cake Boss. Creative. Good guy. Great cakes.
  3. The average American is 23 lbs. overweight. I am right on target then.
  4. Surprise inventories. Work. I am THE stockkeeper. This is a bad idea.
  5. At Dunkin Donuts 50 is considered Senior discountable...
  6. 30 year high school reunion next weekend. Wouldn't go even if I were going to be in town. My graduating class was 788.
  7. My friend Peggy opting on Double Mastectomy with reconstruction on Tuesday. She had breast cancer a few years ago. She also had a heart attack from the Tomoxifin. She is my age. This is a decision based on testing & genetics. She made the right decision.
  8. My mom had/died from breast/colon cancer almost 7 years ago. We don't know which one metastasized to her lungs. I would do the DM too...no messing around. Give me some new boobs and move on.
  9. Some people don't know that it's a possibility that when you use jumper cables to jump a car, the battery could explode spraying battery acid. Technically you should use a faceshield.
  10. Pat Conroy has a new book out...South of Broad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, It is nice to see you are back embellishing. I missed you when you were relaxing. I hope that you did not experience the exploding battery. What were you doing at Dunkin Donuts? You are supposed to be watching your weight? (Just giving you a reminder)
Have a great day and week/