Monday, April 1, 2013

RRRR

I made the mice row on top in this round of the RRRR on HGTV massage boards. I found a pattern for an 8" mouse on Fons & Porter, then drew up my own PP pattern for a 6" block. My hand dyed fabrics from the class with Val Schultz last summer, were the perfect colors! Mailed off to Tonya today and received the next round.....red with black & white fabrics. 4" blocks. 12 of them. Thinking~!

Last month in my little art quilt group, Mary Lee showed us how to do the 3/4" strip piecing Anne Brauer is doing, a quilt as  you go thing. Of course Anne Brauer's quilts are a study in color and value. All the girls in my group spent time laying out their design. I couldn't wait. I just started sewing strips in a repetitive pattern. This is about 24" long, 4 strips to an inch. I love the texture. Now that I have that out of my system, I will try to lay out something that is actually using the principles Anne uses. Martha made a cool bag from her piece.

I have been doing some crazy quilting on the Boho bags I started last year. I entered them in the GVQC quilt show at the end of May. When I pull out a CQ piece, I am reminded how much I love the creativity in them. I better get moving! I also entered the lab piece that isn't done either.

I have learned:


  1. 2 years, 10 months to retirement~
  2. Call the Midwife. Very good. On Netflix too.
  3. Dyngus Day/April Fool's Day. Both April 1st. Interesting.



1 comment:

Studio Emmy said...

I really like you A B piece! And the mice are way too cute! These RRRR quilts are going to be fantastic to watch as they develop!