We all ended up having successful results. We did realize that the weight of your paper copy makes a difference. A thinner paper is better than a heavy paper. Diane used Kona cotton and her transfers came out great, so a canvas or duck cloth not necessary. Ink jet images work, not just laser jet copies. We all liked the vintage, aged quality when not all of image transfers. This a quick, gratifying way to transfer an image to use in art quilts, mixed media or even scrapbooking.
Lunch with Diane, Julie and Val spent talking about creative idea's and endeavors. Always inspires me. I love talking "shop" with minds that work as openly and varied as mine.
Last stop, the bead store! Picked up some unique beads and baubles.
Dear Tim Gunn,
Who is responsible for choosing the designers in the current season? They did not do a good job. The only interesting designer, Michelle, is on the hook right now. Patricia? Really? no. Mustache man? no.
Enough with the team challenges too.
I will be visiting Jenn in Tennessee soon. I don't know how long Micheal will be stationed at Fort Campbell, and Paducah is 45 minutes away, so to the big quilt show we will go!
Mela is growing! My granddaughter is growing, Melissa is really showing. Sophia likes to lay on Mela! Last night, while Sophia was in the bath, she told Melissa that there is a duck that talks in the shower and he knows daddy and Melissa. Hairspray turns your hair to glitter and makes you a princess. Daddy is going to buy a pink house and build them a zoo in the yard. I love child chatter! When Melissa was little, I would sit in the bathroom with a cassette recorder while she was in the tub. I would ask her questions and sing songs. For a long time she would listen to them before bed. Great memory.
I have learned:
- I have been known to buy a new car when I need tires. Yes. I have done it. I needed new tires on my Trailblazer, so I car shopped. No deals to be had, although I did like the Chevy Traverse. I got new tires yesterday.
- New boss in, old Bad Bad Boss moves on. I should never have to see him again, or feel the prickly hairs stand up on my neck when he is in the building. Justice.
- ROCO 6" x 6". Anyone, from anywhere can make art and sell for a good cause...ART.
- Love is.... Remember those little cartoons in the newspaper in the 70's? My mother had some on the fridge. Michael found a cute one and sent it to Jenn.
- Fabric Journey by Ruth B. McDowell. .50 cents at the monthly library book sale.
- Bansky. Art Attack. Cool.