Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Little "Red Barn" Collaged Piece

My "Red Barn" piece made in Sharon Bottle Souva's workshop today. I used a landscape from Judith Baker Montano's book, Fiberart Montage. It is a beautiful book.
You can see this inspiring pic on the right.
Sharon helped each of us in her class, make something we all were surprised came from us!
I wish more of the guild had taken the opportunity to learn her technique and take the class.
We hope to schedule a more intense landscape class with Sharon in the near future. Good time today.
All 8 pieces from class today. Wow. What a great turnout. Love each of them.

Sharon gave a great trunk show mixed with poems she has written on quilting. What an effective way to show your work and tie in the writings. This piece, using a screen print of Austin, is my favorite. I am so intrigued by screen printing. I must learn about it this year.
I did order and receive a  finished screen from Lyric Kinard. I cannot wait to try my hand at this soon! 
Will write more tomorrow. Tired. 

No comments: