Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snowy Day

Snowy this morning. Pretty. I had to grab my camera and take a few shots. There is something about snow that makes one feel like hibernating is a natural thing. Hibernate I did. I worked on my snow dye challenge that Mary Lee gave us in our little art quilt group months ago. She dispersed an approximate fat quarter to each of us to see what we would do with it. I am taking a cue from current issue of Quilting Arts and my Fiberista group. I love it I must say!
I also made a batik, paper pieced block today, that will be incorporated in to a larger project on the immediate horizon. Batiks are just gorgeous fabrics....like magic.
Listed many more cool items on my Etsy shop today. Take a look!
Had dinner with Melanie last night, after attending our dear Donna's husband's wake in town. Donna is like a mother to me. She is a very grounded person. She is not blind to the changes and adjustments that will be coming her way in the next chunk of time.
I have to mention here, that there is such a loving camaraderie amongst our creative, quilting friends. I feel blessed to be in this world. We certainly reach out when needed. I love that.
Tomorrow I plan to work on Barb's retirement horse head. It is cutting and fusing, then free motion quilting. Cathy Wiggins pattern is great.

I don't believe I ever posted the pic of Melissa's tattoo to commemorate her friend Mo that died in a motorcycle accident a couple years ago. I love this crown.

I have learned:

  1. A bit ago, Sarah showed me how to close all the things running on my iphone. I had no idea I needed to close them. If you double click on the home screen, it will show you everything running. Hold you finger over one of them and the minus signs will show. Click on them. We literally closed every app I ever opened since I got the phone.
  2. Started watching The Guardian on Netflix. Will be my next all season viewing. 
  3. My ipad fund jar is growing! 

No comments: