Quilt guild was great, as usual, yesterday. Val Schultz & Julie Brandon have developed a program on collaboration. These two quilters have collaborated on two award winning pieces in the past year. One was juried into Houston's quilt show and won a ribbon, while the other quilt was in one of the Mancuso shows and also won a ribbon. Collaborating is exciting to me. I love to see what other's have to offer. I have been involved for years on HGTV message board & round robins and crazy quilt exchanges are a couple of the things I have collaborated on. Very inspiring program. Lunch with Martha, Mary Lee, Elaine, Julie and Val after meeting was the dessert of the day!
Silver Lake. This is for Barb, who just retired 2 weeks ago from NFG. She has two horses, a lifelong dream realized.
Red-Dog Enterprises, my latest piece. Julie printed Sophia's face onto silk a couple weeks ago for me. It is simply luminous on silk! While she was playing with the pic, she came upon this fractured imagery. I love the triptych idea. I appreciate her compositional assistance. I lack the computer skills to do something like this. Love it!
I have learned:
- 11 degrees. So so cold today.
- Melissa is 18 weeks along. Feeling good. I loved being pregnant. Very intimate time with your unborn.
- 2 years, 11 months and 4 weeks to retirement!!
- Reading a Tom Clancy book. The Teeth of the Tiger. Happy to have found a new author to read.
- No. 7 Serum from Target. This was recommended to me a couple years ago. I love the feel of it on my dry skin.