We welcomed Marija Vujcic to our meeting yesterday. She showed us how to make a poinsettia with fabric and use it for gift tag, to add to a table runner or use as decoration. Then Marija really wowed the crowd with her take on bargello the easy way.
pics of the other quilts since I was walking them around and didn't get pics! I will add link when we have posting.
This quilt is stunning. She uses the backgrounds for fused applique, then adds beautiful thread painting and quilting.
Marija's blog...she has many projects and information worth perusing!
My dear friend Tracy J made a very precious gift for me...
And my dear friend and fellow union sister, Melanie, (we work for same company) made this little guy on her embroidery machine.
Wild Nelly's World, I thought of Nicki and Colleen right away. Nicki dyes and sells her gorgeous laces on etsy. Colleen makes and sells jewelry in Nebraska. This piece was really wonderful. I could see it with a simple velvet jacket or dress. vintage buttons finish it off. Terryn is very talented. Check out her jewelry.
I have learned:
- A new and novel way to remember horizontal vs. vertical. Most of us, I think, use horizon for horizontal. My DIL, the artist, uses (warning, rated PG-13 at least) whorizontal, yes, whores lay down...and virginical, virgins stand up. Very interesting look into her psyche!
- Michael is reading on his time off. A lot. He is even reading novels. He started with a Bladacci. So I went to Sally Ann's and sent him Deville, Clancy and more Baldacci. I found a hardcover on the history of the Vietnam war that will be going in the mail tomorrow. All the guys share the books. Nice thing to send a soldier.
- I was gifted what appears to be 2 sets of quilting frames. They are wrapped in early 70's newspaper. The wood is a truly delicious mellowed color. Since not many people use these anymore, I am going to come up with a project for my home that will incorporate the special wood. Maybe a table? I will be looking on Pinterest for idea's.
- Check out Bustle & Sew for a sweet free pattern. I actually subscribe to her emag.
- I really, really, really want an iPad. I have been trying NOT to want one for so long too.