Thursday, June 12, 2014

Mono printing Fabric


Last months guild program was a help my UFO thing. We were to bring in a piece we were having a hard time getting to the next step on and our friends would write (so we would not have to rely on memory) out thoughts on what to do next. 
I brought this piece of my mono printed fabrics for perusal. My guild is predominantly traditional so I understand their hesitation! But, I did get a great idea....make it into a bag. 
I spent some time free motion quilting it. I am planning to make a bag with a flap. Loving. 

I needed to do something creative that was all me. In the last few weeks I was intent on making favors and center pieces for Jenn's baby shower last Sunday. I like making things and was very happy with the results but it isn't my "hand", it's the "hand" that fits the theme. I am itching for a challenge. My friend Julie has planted seeds! 

I have learned:

1.  Ice Crystals was accepted into AQS Grand Rapids show at the end of August! 

2.  Mela is the happiest baby I have ever known. Ever. Truly. 

3.  So You Think You Can Dance. Watch it. 

4.  Michael deploying to Afghanistan again. October. 

5.  1 yr. 8 mos. 2 days to retirement. I dreamt I handed in my papers on Friday. I was elated....in my dream. Then I woke up. First word out of my mouth...you know it. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Prayers for Michael and his growing family. Congratulations on Ice Crystals getting into the Grand Rapids show! You will make it to retirement.