Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Times


While I waited to talk to some people at Joe Basil Chevrolet this afternoon, I was visually and aromatically stimulated by the fresh flowers on every table. I have to hand it to the dealership, all the customer pandering is effective. With Tony Cich's agreeable assistance I bought another Trailblazer. My third one. Melissa buys my '08 for a good price and I get a Black Cherry Metallic '08 with less mileage, Bose system and a sunroof. Everyone is happy. 

Between the car shuffling decision and an active union rep week I am exhausted. 
Injustice is probably my biggest pet peeve. Watching it happen is like standing in quicksand. One year ten months seems like a sentence at this point. 

77 degrees today! Sat on the deck while I removed thread and papers from lots of hexis. Read a bit. Felt good to be outdoors listening to the spring peepers. 

My precious Mela is quite the curious critter. Crawling and standing and reaching and watching....a mind in constant motion. Love her so dearly. I am pleased to know she will be riding in a vehicle with some armor soon. Safe baby = peaceful gramma mind. 

Apparently I won a basket from the Amherst Quilt Guild quilt show I visited yesterday with Julie & Val! Naturally I spent over $50 at an awesome vendor booth. This booth is a favorite at shows. They sell international fabrics. I bought more of the subdued Japanese fabrics, a packet of colorful silks and a gorgeous piece of Mudclothe. They will be missed when they retire next month. 

I have learned:

     1.  Chevy makes the Trailblazer in
           Canada and Mexico still. 
           Appatently the emissions 
           standards don't meet the U.S. 
           guidelines. Too bad. Looks good s
           still. 
     2.  Chipmunks or mice made a cushy 
           little nest under my carberator
           with some garage insulation. 
           A few years ago they made a nest 
           in the glove box. Resourceful. 
     3.  I need an edgy challenge to make 
          art quilt. 
     4.  Bullet casings are the next addition 
          to my Deployment quilt. Cool. 

No comments: