Red-Dog Enterprises print in 30" x 40" for me on cotton. Under $20.00! Such a deal. (Look at her site to order your own manipulated or not photos!)(Julie was wearing a vest yesterday made from her printed fabric. New idea's!)
I realized I never posted a pic of "Empty Nest". It was the quilt that was to have been for a challenge that involved using a picture of a falling down old small home. I thread sketched the house and found a poem online by Stephen Spender, called the Empty House. The poem is really about the empty nest, very pertinent at this time. I didn't make the deadline for the challenge because stamping the poem took hours. I used acrylic paint and I could only kneel so long, let it dry, then back for some more. I used invisible thread to quilt lines across horizontally. This is one of my favorite pieces I have done. It will hang in my living room.
I am almost finished with a small piece for a Nature Behind Bars show. I will get pictures and post soon.
Working on my literature challenge from guild. It's the annual challenge due in January. Even though it is announced in March, we all put it off until now, or later! I know what I am doing.....almost.
I have learned:
- After my heal release surgery in June, I developed a large lump in my arch. After the MRI, I now have Plantar Fibromatosis. Now I have two lumps. Got the special Verapamil cream to apply 3 times daily. It, in theory, will penetrate to break down the matter. Still troublesome walking and standing.
- Getting a good amount of contact from Michael via FB messaging and phone calls. Makes for a more sane mother.
- My sister has a 13 yr old girl and 15 yr old boy, who are in the throes of teenage attitude and inconsideration. Noni has to work 3 jobs (nurse) to pay for their private education. (not great public school system). Her phone call this morning brought back memories of Melissa! I got it all with her. I yelled, grounded, physically altercated and cried through those years. But it all comes around many years later. I am so glad I am over that. Was oh so hard.
- My little art quilt group has a show at GoART! this month. Free.Nice. Go. See.
- I am in love with my newly reupholstered, old, heavy, solid wood, French Provincial couch and chair. Upholstery Unlimited did a truly wonderful job.
- Blood tests show I am menopausal. Right on schedule. Yay:(
- Bruce Springsteen is 63 years, 1 month and 17 days old. He still rocks.