So I am now 51 years old and 1 week today! There are days I feel every bit of that! Met up with Jenn, Noni, Ian & Darcy, last Sunday, for breakfast. A stroll around Antiques World in the balmy summer-like day yielded a bday gift for me!
Melissa and Dave made me dinner. While there, Michael called to from boot camp in Oklahoma, to wish me happy birthday. A very nice day indeed.
I have had repainting rooms in my house on my list for years now. I have been thinking about what to change, what to add by reading Flea Market style magazines. That is my style. Old. Repurposed cool bits. When my kids were still dependent on my chauffeuring and attending sporting events year round, my creative outlet was decorating my domains. Sewing and stitching were not at the forefront due to time constraints. Since Michael got his license at 16, I have increasingly indulged my time creating with threads and fabrics. Decorating has fallen short.
Time is my biggest nemesis....the lack of it. I seem to be busier socially which is not a bad thing. I try to keep one entire day, preferably Sunday, free for catching up on projects and starting new ones. Today I have worked on my HGTV Challenge #2 piece. I can't show it for weeks though! We were given a bag of scraps in our colorway request to make anything we want....adding only solid fabrics. Liking where I have gone with it.
Also worked on Sharon's embellishment RR. My art quilt group started this 2 months ago. Sharon started us off with a great piece of rust color dyed fabric that has a light line running through it where she had done some stitching before dying. I am the 3rd person to work on it. It felt it needed to have a focus. So I made a large focal point....and I can't show you this either! Let me assure you, it looks good.
Jenn's shower went well on the 11th. We managed to seat almost 70 people in the room we rented in an old house in Alden. Jenn got great gifts. Alan made a great cake. Great food. Great weather. I loved the detail on jenn's dress and had to get a shot of the neckline.
I have learned:
- Buffalo has had record breaking temps over the last week. 70's & 80's! It was warmer here than is was at Fort Sill, OK where Michael experienced "end of the world rain"!
- Click here and scroll down a to Bruce Springsteen's speech at SXSW in Austin,Texas. Worth a few minutes.
- Mondo was the Project Runway All Star winner. Talented and always interesting. Mondo's work is all the looks in the bottom row.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain. Good read (on my Nook!). Story told from the viewpoint of the family dog, Enzo.
- After a total of 3.5 hours and 3 phone calls to Southwest airlines, my 2 "free" airfare tickets cost me $325.00. I had to but extra points. Really?!. Well, it is done. We are set to see Michael graduate in his US Army uniform. Can't wait!
- My Wonder Wheel tied with my friend Karen's Samba Queen quilt for Viewers favorite! All the pieces from the annual guild challenge hung in the library for the month of February and we invite viewers to vote for their favs.