Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring. Quilt.

This is a quilt I recently pieced and quilted for a challenge on HGTV message board. Our assignment was to make something from UFO blocks in your stash. I chose to use some of the "fabrics" I made in the Nancy Crow class at QBL 1 1/2 years ago.
These are the bits I needed to use. I don't know what I was thinking when I added the fabric with the red strip in it. Really? No matter how cool I tried to make it by adding that bit to the front, it was just not going to work. I had to use it. So......
I made it work on the back! I love this back. It's sort of Gee's Bend-ish, in that I improvised.
I had to quilt it too, since it needed to be a finished project. Ugh. Hate this part. I decided to make it easy on myself and just run close, vertical lines with a variegated thread. The top was transformed with every line. Made it all work together.
Fun project. Fun quilt. I am calling it "Spring".

I have learned:


  1. Davey Jones, from The Monkees, died of a heart attack yesterday. Reminded me of good times spent singing to those 45's with Pam....we were young...and Bobby Sherman was our Tiger Beat focus at the time! 
  2. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton...good read. Nook. Love it. 
  3. How to Look Good Naked. This  show is from the UK. Only there could they make this show charming.....I am convinced it is the host, Gok Wan's accent that makes it work! That same show done here would end up cheesy....crass even, recited in an American accent. 
  4. Apparently Fiona feels the need to groom me....she has started to paw and bite my hair/scalp. Ouch, but it's the thought that counts!

No comments: