I have made all but one of my blocks. They are paper pieced. I plan to make one of these from my fabric also. Having fun shopping my stash, making each woman's block special.
Here are the ones that have been received so far.
I can also share my CQ Challenge block I have been working on all summer. The voting is over now. I have to say this was a true challenge. The blue swirly fabric was tough. I am not a bluesy girl, so I added grays and greens to make it a more diverse pallet. Many stitches and beads and embellishments went in to this, every second, satisfaction!
Michael's football season at Fisher is winning. 4-1. Ithaca was beautiful yesterday. Great game. Hot, sweaty day. And a win in OT.
My time is so spoken for in the next few months. Between project obligations online and in guild. I am trying to prioritize them. In no particular order....
1. Thearica's Ronald McDonald House charity quilt. Wool Pennies. Trying to figure out how to proceed now.
2. 1 more F8 block.
3. Altered books...Nicki's lace theme and Melissa's Lost and Found theme.
4. Two Christmas stockings. One for Secret Sister on HGTV and one I am running with my guild.
5. Bag Challenge. Elaine and I are running a challenge in guild where each participant must use in some way, each item in the bag, including a copper scrubby and a vintage tie.
6. Sarah's little landscape of Spain for her host family. I need to do some thread painting.
7. Carnival challenge. Annual guild challenge.
8. Art Quilt Group starting a project in January. Have my base ready for embellishment by each player.
9. Lining for my Martha Class jacket.
10. Colleen's Special project. Started, need to finish.
11. Cameron has asked for a quilt. Black and red. I will do a a contemporary thing for him.
I am sure I am leaving something out!
We welcome Anita Grossman Solomon this week to our guild. I pick her up at the Buffalo Airport Wednesday after work. We have two different workshops scheduled for Thursday and Friday and a lecture at the guild meeting Saturday! I took off work for the workshop Thursday. Using stripes we will make blocks. I am using my own version of stripes. Looking forward to each day!
I have learned:
- 2 Broke Girls is amusing. New Girl, not so much. I like her, not her roommates, none of them.
- My first quilt Shop Hop was a blast with Melanie and her mom, Maryann! Many miles were covered. Good time!
- Nice listen. Let It Be Me by Ray Lamontagne. AND he covers Gnarls Barkley's Crazy. Love that song.
- A silk screen using HeatnBond vinyl and organza. Quilting Arts magazine current issue. Must do!