Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mug Rug

Now that Susan has received this Mugrug I made for her in the HGTV swap I can show you! This was alot of fun to make..I used some of my rusty dyed fabrics and some Judy Robertson hand dyed fabrics and a thread painted mug with "hot stuff" on it!
I have been wanting to try the whole "thread sketching" thing..I just visualized what I wanted to draw and did it. I love how the machine quilting looks too.

I am still using some of my more productive morning moments before work sewing some of the nine patches. Little by little....minute by literal minute...I am getting this quilt done!

So January is just about over...my least favorite month of the year. Good riddance!
My mom would have been 70 yesterday...her twin sister is 70 now. It has been over 8 years since my mother succumbed to either breast cancer or colon cancer. One of them metastasized to lungs. She was 61.

I have learned:

  1. Airfare to Charlotte NC for C.O.F. quilt retreat all set. Can't wait to meet up with old friends and meet new ones!
  2. I love Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler on American Idol. Who knew it would be this much better?
  3. I have wanted to read Lonesome Dove for a long time. Finally picked it up and really like how McMurtry develops his characters. This is a tome. I look forward to each page.

No comments: