Saturday, December 11, 2010

More is More and a Redwork Rejuvenated!

Who was I kidding? I knew I wasn't finished with Colleen's book pages! NOW I am. Here is a close-up of one of my favorite sections. The slide frame is covered in torn cheesecloth; the center fabric is a silk velvet ruched and tacked; the heart is the backside of a charm (I liked it better than the embossed front) with a tiny star charm and a Swarovski crystal and a cool rhinestone bead. I used heavy black thread to secure the heart and all the stitchy bits around the outside edge of the slide frame. This feels like me. Here is the truly finished pages!

The redwork that almost died......

I am so happy to say it will live in Mary Anne's house along with her daughter Melanie! I made it into a little quiltie. I do love how the black & white looks with the redwork.
Great guild party today. Our new hospitality crew did a wonderful job with the decorations. And thanks to the VA for some festive ambiance upon our arrival! Our gift exchange was full of great projects. I received, thanks to my Jack of Spades ( & thanks to sewlovetoquilts for the idea to use 2 decks of cards to fairly distribute the presents) a tablerunner I love, a really great and useful zipper bag (I will be using this to carry my chocolate challenge around for the next month as I do all my handstitching!) a package of note cards and a yummy tea! Thank you Charlotte! I will get pics of these posted soon.
I just have to show you these little felted lizards Martha made. The pics are not great but I know I can coerce her into showing me them again to get better pics, but for now check these out...

She should have a better pic on her blog...Bits of Merth...in my sidebar. They are precious critters!

I have learned:

  1. I need the recipe from Christine for that rice/chicken/cranberry/mandarin orange yummy salad she brought to party today!
  2. Thanks to Dodie, I have found a guy that makes portable design boards with PVC pipe and felt. I have ordered one sight unseen for $60.00. I cannot wait to get it!
  3. Christmas celebrations are trickier than ever this year. Time will tell where all the bodies lay come Christmas Eve & Christmas Day and apparently it is wide open now to the day after Christmas. 
  4. Some of us have made a pact, the ones of us that need a deadline, to have something ready to submit to Q=A=Q by the August due date. We have to start somewhere, why not close to home? 
5. December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

1......another loan, but that's not looking good
2......Another dead deer in front of my house
3......A pat down at the airport
4......Unruly hairs
5......nothing to happen with Pearl Street Grill til after 10-15-11
6......lit sensor lights in my Trailblazer
7......those 9 pounds I already lost
8......cameras in the trucks at work
9..... more.flaking exterior paint
10....bad things to happen to good people
11....one more broken vacuum
I will worry about them if they happen....one day at a time, it's all we can do.

    1 comment:

    Stacy said...

    I love the page with the heart and the cheesecloth, it's gorgeous. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog, you sound like a wonderful mother.