Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Days

The tag said thistle when I bought this a few years ago. I love the green, spiky head.

I have nothing new to show! I have been stitching on a block, but not done. I have the bones of my freedom quilt on the wall.

I am working on getting all my supplies, mounds of fabric, clothes, more fabric and all the other bits I will need at QBL next week. Registration is Sunday afternoon, should be about a 2.5 hour drive. My class with Nancy Crow starts early Monday and from what I hear, I will be consumed by it. I welcome that! I am going by myself, which I  prefer since I don't have to be concerned with socializing~~ the kind that knowing someone would make you engage in vs. new acquaintance socializing. I want to be in the zone.

After a weekend of trying to get my machine to run smoothly (thanks for trying Melanie!) I took it to the dealer yesterday after work and picked it up today after work! I am happy.All fixed, cleaned and ready for improvisational strip piecing.

Had a wonderful afternoon at Marthas Pig Roast and celebrated her 50 years of living!

I have learned:
  1. "Flickendecke" is the German word for crazy quilting...thanks Elaine! My CQ friends will like that. Say it fast 10 times!
  2. That Singer Er10 embellishing machine is AWESOME! I made fabric with it Saturday within 20 minutes after I took it out of the box. Easy.

2 comments:

Priscilla Kibbee said...

You will be amazed at how many people you know that will be at QBL. See you there next week.

JodyC said...

What is QBL? Sounds like fun. "Flickendecke", cool word. Please show photos of your Singer Er10 creations. Envious of your creating time as I am stuck in work & wedding hell.