Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 1988

When Melissa was moving out she came across this picture of me and her (and Michael in gestation!) on Mother's Day 1988. She was 5 1/2 years old. I was 27. Time does pass quickly. I am a mother first, before all other things. Life twists & turns. My love for them never changes. It is constant, 24/7/365 and the occasional 366!  Happy Mother's Day to me and you! (a day late since my cable/internet was compromised by the 60 MPH wind storm this past weekend.)

I spent a few hours stitching my gift for the Homemade Holiday Swap on HGTV. This one is Summer/4th of July, either theme. I chose summer since it is so vast. I didn't want to work with red, white & blue. I have Linda this round. I have met her at 2 retreats and she looks sweet and demure, but, whoa, she is funny and quirky! I can't show what I made yet (after June 1st I can post a pic) but can tell you I tried something new...it was fun and I love how it turned out! I am confident she will appreciate it.

I also worked on an ATC for the HEN swap. I did take a picture but it is blurry so I will have to get a better one. It is hyrangeas made with french knots. I must mail it tomorrow.

The contractor is still MIA. I am very disappointed. It takes me so long to mull things over (sometimes years!) before I act. I finally found a handyman ad, called and got the quote and hired him......now I will have to start over.

I have learned:
  1. I special ordered the ONE cat food Fiona will eat. Whiskas Choice Cuts with Tuna in Sauce. Picked it up, got it home, open up the box and it is Beef in Gravy. uh oh. I have to give it to her since that's all there is. The little vixen ate it! 
  2. Just Breathe. Pearl Jam.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost did not recognize you in the picture with the long hair!!! Frost out there again this morning. You might need the long johns again today.

Martha Lorshbaugh said...

What a magnificent picture! Lovely!
BTW- I LOVE that Pearl Jam song!

NickiLee said...

Kathi, what an adorable picture! You are as gorgeous now as you were way back when. I always wondered what you would look like with long hair - love it! OMG! I just added up the years! In 1988 my sons were 18 and 14 and I was a mere 36... where did the years go?

The Nikkels said...

LOVE the photo Kathi!!! And I love the long hair, but you sure can pull off the short hair too! Just as beautiful now as you were 22 years ago!!!! Loving your blog... not sure how you find time for it all!!!
IowaLisa