Charlyn is hosting a Plus Size Inchie swap. I used the yarn fabric I made using the water soluble Solvy (layered that cool colorful yarn in a cross hatch pattern, sewed a grid to keep yarns together, then disolve the 2 layers of Solvy in warm water.)...fused to Timtex and zig zagged edges. 1 set will be 9 inchies. These little bits of creativity are so fun! I hope to get to another set done using clear vinyl....putting something between it and the background fabric. Maybe those teeny tiny silver glass balls? or glitter? or a preserved leaf? or ??? Another project for another day.
Pretty bright? I just love these colors! Chartreuse is yummy! The fabrics are old linen napkins I picked up at Sally Ann's and dyed with DynaFlow dyes. I look forward to seeing what 4 ladies do with this block in my 1st RR in CQI. I think the challenge will be using the right colors on it. Primary's and pastel's obviously won't work! I am confident it will be gorgeous when I get it back March.
I whipped up this little 8.5" heart block today too. I couldn't resist adding the crown I had made for something else that didn't work out. I just love it!
Sandy is still in an induced coma after last Sunday's surgery on a brain bleed.
Good news and bad news daily.
- I can applique!
- I discovered NCIS . I like the dynamics of the character's. I like Mark Harmon with grey hair.
- Super Scrabble! I want this. I used to play Scrabble with my mother when I was a kid...we never kept score. WHAT was up with that? I love winning at Scrabble.
- BRUCE! (Springsteen...but really, it goes without saying!) November 22nd...last concert of this tour..I will be there! Thanks Jim & Pammers for taking care of the purchasing logistics for me!
- Lost 3 lbs my 1st week in Weight Watchers. Having done this before, I know the first 10 lbs are not that hard. Keep me on track.
- Pandora.com is a very cool site Melanie told me about. Check it out...you make your own radio stations to listen to on your computer. I will be using this for sure.
- Whoopie cushions are awesome! My friend Sharon made Whoopie covers, complete with flatulent cushion and gifted us with them at our monthly Art Quilt group meeting. I laughed like a child! Flatulence gets me every time.