Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Paper Crafting



Last night I spent some time making this Halloween gift box and many cards in a class with Jen, a talented Batavia paper artist. I took a class with her a few years ago, making beautiful Christmas cards, but now she's offering classes for up to four in her truly comfy and enviable craft room. How nice it was. We learned to dry emboss using a Sissix machine (the Bingo numbered pumpkins, a Tim Holtz press). We got to work with pearl powders, embossing powders and distress ink. Jen had all the components cut and stacked, ready for us to follow along. Great fun!

I've been getting facings and sleeves on my quilt pieces for our guild quilt show in a month. I'm at a good point, not overwhelmed with all that's to be done. Also steadily stitching the Mermaid CQ bit. So enjoy doing that. 

I have learned:

1.  The Blacklist. Good. 
2.  35 years at same company. Awards dinner nice.  $225 gift card Sears. Thanks
3.  Mela is running! Trying to climb out of her crib. Showing a tenaciousness I like. 
4.  I took in a plant from Martha, and it's growing! I don't tend to greenery well. It is a succulent so it does stand a better chance. 
5.  Maddi is smiling! Such a sweet little peanut. Michael said its the best thing he's ever seen. 

1 comment:

Studio Emmy said...

Nice work! Papercrafting is fun and there are so many directions it can take you.....