My friend Julie had ordered some pre-emulsion coated sheets from Dharma, she has an exposure box, so we stumbled through a few snafu's, then voile! Success.
The sheets are great. They leave (when properly exposed to light) a sharp image for printing.
We found 10 minutes a good exposure time for these sheets.
We also realized that the rubber squeegee for pulling paint to print was cumbersome and an old credit card was much more conducive to pulling a good print.
The first few screens we took off the frame, taped all around with duct tape and pulled a print with that. We both liked the way a screen printed in the frame. It would be worth investing in another frame and changing them out. It only takes minutes to do this.
The image above was a doll face I took an iPhone pic of in a craft reuse store last Thursday. Julie helped me make it into a black & white image and added the dotted bit which really makes this cool. The actual burning of image is done with a printed acetate sheet.
I LOVE this whole process and idea. More will be in the making in the near future!
I would love to download my pics of all the creative endeavors of the weekend, but in true Kathi fashion, I left a part of me behind at Julie's.....my camera. It must mean something that I do this. Hhhmmm.
Mela is doing great! She is such a sweet natured baby.
I have learned:
- How to make my own silk screens!
- Good movie..."Lord of War" with Nicholas Cage. 2005.
- Great show on Netflix....."The United States of Tara".
- Alan, my kids' step-brother, will be deployed to AFG in October for 6 months. He is Air Force Reserves.
- Mmmm. Roasted kale.