I have been "accused" of not having enough contrast in my work before. I can appreciate contrast in the work of others, but for me, contrast is not necessarily my objective. I love this little 4" x 6" piece! What contrast there is, is me.
I learned much in the last 2 days. I plan to use her techniques in future pieces. I like the layers, the interest and the purpose of the process. Valerie Goodwin will be teaching at QBL again in July of 2014. I will be saving and vacation day planning to be able to take her intensive class.
If you are intrigued by what she does, her book comes out at end of summer. You can pre-order ( as I have done!) the book from Amazon.
I surely have much on my plate right now! I have 2 CQ Boho bags to sew up for the GVQC show in a few weeks, as well as thread paint my lab and put him on the quilted background piece. Oh boy. I do work best under pressure, but that is not all I have to do.
Two RRRR rows are on the agenda. I do believe they are both 8" blocks. What to do? I don't know yet. Idea's are ruminating.
Melissa's baby shower is June 22nd.
I have a room to paint and a house to clean and organize (somewhat) for Michael and Jenn's visit the beginning of July.
Mowing takes up 2 hours of my time every 5 days now. Ugh. I hate outdoor work. I want to be sewing, not mowing.
Work and union business takes much of the hours in a week as we all know. Retirement can't come soon enough. I have so much to create and so little time.
I have learned:
- Michael should be off his COP in AFG by this time today, on his week long journey home. Anxious for his arrival on U.S. soil.
- Etsy shop was busy last week! Postage to Germany, Australia and China....mucho $$.
- Case Histories, a BBC crime show on Netflix...very good. Jason Isaacs, the actor playing the main character...very mmmm.
- Realist. Idealist. I am a realist. I was an idealist in my 20's. Jon, a youngun' at work, and I had a little debate about this recently. What are you?
- Batavia will be welcoming TJ Maxx, Kohl's and Dicks to the Lowes store vacated space.
- Tennessee is the number one retirement destination. Affordable cost of living, coupled with a pleasant climate make it ideal. From the bits of TN I have seen, I feel it.
- Seneca Village, unearthed in Central Park, NYC, was an African- American/Irish populated settlement. Valerie Goodwin mentioned this today after I was studying her African Burial Ground II. Interesting.
- I am an artist.