Monday, December 14, 2015

Merry Christmas Time

Galleria Mall Santa (points for real beard)
Riley & Mela!
What you didn't see was me backing Riley up to Santa so he wouldn't cry again. 
What you don't see is mommy under the red blanket torquing her neck to look at the ceiling so her head wouldn't be in the pic. 
What was my heard, my diatribe I didn't have to unleash when we walked right up to the "workshop"....no line! 

Yep, it has been awhile. 
It had to be said. 

Since last I wrote, I've received good news that all four blood clots are gone and no clotting markers in my blood. Done with the thinner. 

Riley Michael, aka Cy,  just turned 1! He's our big little guy always smiling and very chill. 
Mela turned 2 in July. Her papa calls her the tornado! Exuberant should be her middle name. 

Sophia is 5 now and loving kindergarten. She's beautiful and makes a sweet big sis!

Cy came by the way of Mela when she couldn't say Ri-ri like all of us. Cy-Cy since and still. He answers to both!

Maddi turned 1 in July also. She's walking! Her laugh is hardy like her dads. 

Speaking of....Michael & Jenn relocated to Fort Benning GA after Michael graduated first in his class from Officer training school. Proud mom. 
They'll be coming up to Fort Drum NY next fall for 3 years. Will be great to see my granddaughter more!

Over the last 6 months I've been in a creative  process mode. Hexis aplenty made from used tea bags, hand dyed fabric, silk and vintage materials. 
I'm finally to a point that I feel like getting some projects done. 

1" hexagons for the background to this pic I took last summer in my yard. 
Do you see it? Loving. 
This is for a challenge that will exhibit the original pic with the piece. 

What I have learned: 

1.  9 weeks til I retire! 
2.  Audiobooks.com. Best way to squeeze in more books from the must 
"Read" list. 
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert up now. Good. 
3.  Dryer broke. Too much $$ to fix. Hanging laundry outside since...feels so domestic. Green. Free. 
4. Balanced gas billing will reflect my conservation!
5.  Cliffy ran away. He's not been back. I miss the bastard cat. 

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Great news about Michael and family coming closer!

Studio Emmy said...

So happy to read your news. I have missed your posts!