Monday, December 28, 2015

Alcohol Ink Fun


A girls day! Melissa, Mela, Sandra, Lauren and Carol. We all gathered post Christmas to converse (I can't divulge some of the unseemly topics!) and eat and create!
I decided even novice crafters could come away with a usable product...these alcohol ink coasters. 
Mary Lee demoed these for my artcgirlz group a bit ago. 
They are easy. 
Cheap.  .(.16 cents a tile at Home Depot.)
Fun. 
Each person had their own technique. 
Interesting. Cool. 
Melissa was my fave. She was all about the drip, not the pounce. 
I'll get pics of hers soon. 
Mela definitely had her own thing going on! I will, by hook or by crook, get mela to be my creative accomplice!

Snow has come to WNY.  I love the sound of it pelting my vintage aluminum awning right now. Cozy. 

I have learned:

1.  Rye toast + sliced hard boiled (farm) egg = delicious dinner. 

2.  It's almost 7 years since Sandra was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She's now involved in a pharma study. Grateful she is doing so well. 

3.  Sophia lost her first tooth on Christmas Eve!

4.  Mother Earth News magazine. Retirement + mag = much ado. 




No comments: