I love this Steampunk genre. Earlier today, on one of those cake shows, they had a team of bakers that created this awesome Steampunk themed wedding cake. This is so cool!
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events It has a very steampunk vibe. Weird movie.
Yesterday, Margaret Reek came to talk to us about a program in a small town in Kenya run by CTC International. She joined a group sponsored by American Sewing Guild that travels there to teach women to sew and quilt. These women have found refuge in a small town after being shunned simply because they have a handicapped child. The aim is to teach them to sew and sell some things to be self sustaining. It was a fascinating lecture. The pictures of how these women live and what this program does for them was inspiring and a reminder of how fortunate we need to remember we all are. Margaret will be heading back in July to work with the women again.
I have learned:
- How to texture up fabrics with spray starch and an iron...oh what fun could be had with that!
- The Head and the Heart......great listening.
- Mumford and Sons....love these guys. Saw them perform live on the Grammys
- CQMagOnline out.
- I want to make this desk...I LOVE it. I need a couple old wooden saw horses and some salvaged wood. (scroll down a bit)
- Why is there multiples of the pics I just posted?