- 77 MPH winds will knock the average person over.
- Karyssa just carved her 1st pumpkin! She's 21.
- Cory never made pumpkin seeds before. He has now! He's 25.
- 81 lb dog + oral surgery = approximately $400.00.
- 12 lbs down now!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
- CONFIGURE 2 size blocks for courthouse steps. Need to nail down strip sizes for specific block size. Wish I was mathematical. Not. I will be doing this the "slow & steady" way.
- APPLIQUE the block for raffle quilt. I have never appliqued before and am a little stumped at the layering/stitching process. But will give it my best shot!
- DYE fabric with Dijon mustard. I need "D"ijon. I know mustard stains. Worth a try. I don't need alot. Or I could dye yellow and overdye with brown? Experiment.
- My CQ for ME block (the Kaffe Fassett blocks I posted a couple weeks ago) is looking great! I am loving how the busy fabrics are taking all the embellishment.
- MAKE a gift to exchange at Christmas party for quilt guild.
Fall. Luminous foliage right outside my door. Soon this tree will be naked and periodically covered in snow!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
So the only creative moment I can claim is a visit to a quilt shop yesterday! Needed more fabric for the guild's raffle quilt. I managed to find some FQ's I just had to have.
My hopes are pinned on next weekend and I will be making a list of what will be on the agenda sometime this week.
I have learned:
- The term "black-balled" came from the Freemason's. They used a black cube as a NO vote when nominating a prospective member.
- Pandora.com is an Internet radio site. It is so cool. Go to it. Make your own radio stations. Find new music. Find old favorites. Love it.
- I love Project Runway. Right now I am liking the Hannah girl.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
I like this little quilt she is holding above. On 9/11 she was teaching a quilt class when they heard the news. On her way home she bought this fabric. She journaled a bit on the back about it.
- Once again (I know I have learned this before but things slip my mind constantly) that the eye of a needle has an easy side to thread. If your having trouble turn the eye around.
- Dean, my greyhound, sheds like a dog. I wish I could vacuum him. I tried once when I first got him. Apparently he didn't like his skin being sucked up as well.
- 30 years of service = $200.00 gift card to Sears.
- My niece Darcy's team won their division in her cheerleader competition today! Way to go Darc! We will see you next week at UB!
Friday, October 16, 2009
- Jon & Kate.....don't get it. Why the interest? Troubling really.
- 9.6 lbs off!
- Registered for class with Nancy Crow at next summer's Quilting By the Lake! But will I get in?
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
- I discharged a few pieces of solid black & brown fabrics today after work. I used spray bleach cleaner. I layed orange snow fencing on top of fabric and sprayed away! I love how they came out. When they are dry I will post a picture.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
- Handing over $1000.00 to get my Trailblazer back was mostly nauseating.
- 8.6 lbs so far! Weight Watchers works.
- I figured out how to put a site counter on my blog. I was chatting with Beth at the quilt show last weekend. I read her blog. She told me about sitecounter.com.
- The luminous red maple tree leaves are my favorite.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
I love this close-up of one of my Tiger Lily's taken a couple months ago. Memories. Today was windy, rainy and cold. Winter is coming. Get out the longjohn's.
Monday, October 5, 2009
- $3300.00 and counting in damage to my Trailblazer. Still not ready. Still trying to figure out where to get the cold hard cash. Ugh.
- Magazines like GOURMET closing shop. I was disappointed last year when COTTAGE LIVING ceased. Hope Quilting Arts and Clothe Paper Scissors lure enough of us to stay afloat.
- I don't want to know all about David Letterman's sex-capades.
- Linda and Laura Kemshall's site has a couple free video's that have some good info to paint/stamp fabrics. They make a stamp using a bit of plywood and double-sided tape that they put foamy letters (and numbers would work too) on it. Makes very cool design elements. I did inquire on the subscription to their videos but $103 American is too much for me to put out right now. They wrote The Painted Quilt. I love that book.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Quilt show on Saturday.
Sewed ALL DAY LONG today. I will post my projects later in the week. I could do this creating thing every day!
Yesterday Martha, Sharon and I went to a fantastic quilt show in Dryden NY. TCQG's show was inspiring. Lot's of great quilts (I will post them soon), lot's of vendors and of course Project Iron Quilter. A great time was had by all!
This sideshow was as exciting as an episode of Project Runway (my favorite show!). Watching all the participants work, their progress and the end results made this show a standout. I love the idea of producing something with limited materials and design constraints. It is something I would love to try with my arty friends! The IRON QUILTER is Susan Clark from Brantford Ontario, Canada. The challenge was to include curves and straight lines and she truly did just that! It succeeds. It's almost graffiti-like. Congratulations!
Great quilts by all ladies...auctioned for charity.
- Sandy can actually feel the bit of skull in her abdomen. Will put back in a few weeks. Well she won't put it back...she will have surgery so have it re-installed!
- I won a CQ "squishie" as they call it, on CQI Yahoo group. They have a monthly challenge. September was FLOWERS. I posted a twisty flower made with silk ribbon with french knots and black seed beads in its center. I can't wait to see what I am gifted!
- You can fit an old sewing machine with the barbed needles to felt. I want to do this.
- The deer are grazing under the apple tree by the log shed. Sweet damagers.
- There is a site (free) that will let you track where people are from that look at your blog and also let you know the route they took to get to your site. Interesting.